Born of food truck roots, Saint Lawrence Gridiron offers unique twists on classic American cuisine. Their popularity amongst the locals grew so rapidly that they were forced to open a brick and mortar location in 2014 to keep up with demand. The menu is peppered with meaty fare, and the bar is always stocked with craft brews. But their true Ace in the Hole is their classic, hand-crafted cocktails and house specialties. In this episode of Farm to Glass Cocktails, Mixologist Mitch Mandujano creates for us, The No Reprieve.
The No Reprieve
- 1.5 oz 44º North Idaho® Potato Vodka
- 1 Dash Angostura Bitters
- 2 Dashes Dandelion and Burdock Bitters
- .5 oz Snake River Summer Breeze Tea
- .75 oz Grilled Peach & Sorghum Syrup *
- .5 oz Laird’s Bonded Apple Brandy
- .5 oz Honey Syrup *
- .75 oz Lemon Juice
- Add Ice to Shaker
- Add Soda Water to Serving Glass
- Add Shaken Cocktail
- Garnish with Sage Leaf
- Honey Syrup: 2:1 raw honey dissolved in warm water.
- Grilled Peach & Sorghum: 7 grilled peach slices, hard boil for three min in two cups water, add 1 oz sorghum and continue to simmer for 7 min.
The No Reprieve is one of the more diverse cocktails we’ve featured to date, but make no mistake; it’s well worth the work. Each ingredient is hand selected and plays an integral role in balancing every note. You have your sweet medley of honey and grilled peach, a tangy counterbalance of Dandelion and Burdock Bitters, and a clean, earthy finish of 44º North Idaho® Potato Vodka and apple brandy. A sophisticated cocktail for a complex individual.